From the same folks whose grapes goes into a LOT of major Napa brands, you can buy fantastic everyday (and some special occasion) wines at big discounts - this weekend.
See details from my previous post about Hopland Passport.
Check out the food, drink and entertainment offerings this year right here.
My Organically Grown Wine/Winery Picks:
1. Guided garden tour at Campovida - an organic wine grape (and veggies) landmark, now one of the most amazing ornamental gardens
Wines: a bit on the high side for their organically grown ones; and not all are
2. Rock and roll at Saracina - the only Mendo winery with a cave tour
A leader in vinification in the region with David Ramey as consulting wine maker.
3. Asparagus frittata at Terra Savia
Wines: a great source for sparkling wine, Chardonnay and Meritage and Cabs
4. Rose (and Pinot) at Naughty Boy
Wines: stock up on rose for summer.
5. Cesar Toxqui
Wines: Organically grown Grenache, Old Vine Zin, and Chardonnay - 20-40% off on wines
6. McFadden's beef, rice and artichoke hearts salad - made with their own grass fed beef - and bottle signings from Guinness McFadden himself.
Wines: Late Harvest Riesling, Brut, Reserve Brut - and great prices (under $100) on their whites - 20 to 40% off on wines
7. Tours of sparkling wine facility Rack and Riddle
Wines - Buy organic labels elsewhere, but this is where many organically grown sparkling wines are made (but not sold under the RR label)
8. Wood fired pizza at Nelson Family
Wines: their orange muscat, viognier, and pinot grigio are all made from certified grapes
9. Frey Wines will also be pouring at the Real Goods/Solar Living center on 101
10. Jeriko will be releasing several new biodynamic wines
Further north, stop off at Barra of Mendocino for their sales (on 101 in Ukiah).