Thursday, April 26, 2012

Napa Valley Historical Atlas Featured in NYTimes

This week the New York Times covered the release of the new historical atlas of Napa. (See here).  While I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, I thought I would let you know that a. this is a great project and b. if you want to see what a lot of Napa used to look like, visit the Hopland-Ukiah corridor. Many areas are filled with valley oaks, the likes of which Napa can only make historical books about.

I will probably be posting about it later.

The first weekend in May is also Hopland Passport - when all those made-with-organic-grapes wineries spring to life and offer amazing deals.

Of course if you really want to go back in time, this beautiful book is your best bet. And enjoy its companion video:

1 comment:

  1. Hi many thanks about the post about the book. It is just like a great wine I have yesterday. Very tasty and Less dry.

    ReplyDelete