The Biodynamic Association is coming to Portland in November for its biennial conference, and since the largest Biodynamic producers in Oregon are wineries, many events are planned.
Nadine Basile, the farm and vineyard manager for Soter's Mineral Springs Ranch in Carlton, is one of three speakers scheduled to speak during the keynote address, Biodynamics in Practice: Stories of Regeneration.
Other Biodynamic wine speakers include:
• Joseph Brinkley, Director of Vineyard Operations, Bonterra
• Elizabeth Candelario, President, Demeter USA
• Katherine Cole, author of Voodoo Vintners
• Nicolette Dicova, natural wine writer
• Ted Lemon, vintner, Littorai
• Kristin and Rudy Marchesi, proprietors, Montinore Estate
• Moe Momtazi, proprietor, Maysara and Momtazi Vvineyard
• Dan Rinke, winemaker, Johan Vineyards
Pre-conference excursions and workshops will take place on Wednesday and Thursday:
• Nov. 14: Field Day at Mineral Springs and Momtazi vineyards ($130)
• Nov. 15: Biodynamic Winemaking at Montinore Estate ($130)
The regular conference programs are $260; meals are an additional $300.
For a list of the complete conference schedule, click here.