Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Video of the Day: Mike Grgich - "Developing Feelings for Wine"

Grgich Hills is still one of the best - and greenest - wineries in Napa Valley.

 Last year, I attended the 35th anniversary of the Paris Tasting celebration dinner at the winery. (Although I know there are more glamorous events, for me it was like being at a Napa ball).

 Someday I hope to use this material as the opening to a book. But, I digress.

Here's the lovely video I just discovered in the proces of researching my app. Grgich Hills has three wines in the app.

If you have not read George Taber's classic book about this 1976 tasting that put Napa on the map, it's high time to consider it.

UPDATE: George Taber himself will be at Chateau Montelena March 19 from 1 to 4 signing copies of the book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment